Total Pageviews

Monday, September 18, 2017

Communicating with Touch
September 20

👪👪👪

This week I took my family to the IPFW Family Picnic. What I had set out to do was see how many couples touched in public. What I did find is a lot of touching between parents and their children. Types of touches I witnessed were the following:
  • Children playing with their parents hair- loving
  • Dad patting daughter on back - saying hello
  • Dad rubbing baby's back - soothing
  • Daughter hugs onto to dad, one arm around his neck the other interlocked in his arm - being playful
  • Brother and sister hugging each other as they walk out the door - ecstatic
Each of these touches from my perspective were very appropriate and communicating intimacy between each other. My concern is that no parent interacted with each other or displayed any kind of affection to one another. I felt like that was a red flag and that something must be wrong or either it was because they do not show affection in front of their children in public. As we were leaving the picnic we finally saw one couple holding hands and this couple had no children with them. 


Just an added note:
Another interesting thing happened. A lady wanted to hold my infant granddaughter. She put out her hand and so did my granddaughter and just as the lady was about to take hold of granddaughter she rejected the lady by pulling her hand back.


No comments:

Post a Comment